September 26, 2022
New Connect to Support website launched
A new website that gives help and advice to people looking for social care support in the Wakefield District has been launched.
Connect to Support offers information about keeping healthy, staying independent and connecting with others, either for you or for someone you care for.
- ‘I am a carer’
- ‘I need information on social care’
- ‘I want to refer myself, or someone else, to adult social care services’
- ‘I want to connect with others, or find services, from community organisations’
There are useful pieces of practical information as well as separate sections on:
- Find Care Homes and Services
- Stay healthy
- Stay independent
- Conditions and disabilities
- The Equipment Guide
- Report a concern for an adult
And there are searchable directories for both support and care services, along with other information and guidance.
If you run a group/service (or know anyone who does) you can add it to the community directory using this link: Create event (connecttosupport.org).
Wakefield Council is currently developing this site with the Healthwatch Wakefield Adult Social Care Citizen Panel and partner organisations across Wakefield District.
If you have any feedback on the website, please email email@example.com, or use the buttons at the bottom of pages on the website itself.
Visit Connect to Support: wakefield.connecttosupport.org