November 14, 2022
‘Together We Can’ choose well and stay well this winter
West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership (WY HCP) is set to once again run ‘Together We Can’ this winter. The campaign helps people access health and care services at the right time and place.
The campaign also encourages people to choose well and to opt for convenient self-care, where safe to do so during the winter months.
Ruth Buchan, Chief Executive Officer for Community Pharmacy West Yorkshire, said: ”As health services will be extremely busy this winter, we’re asking for everyone to play their part and to be better prepared during the cold and flu season. You can protect yourself and each other by having a flu jab and seeking advice for minor health concerns from your community pharmacy if needed. Our trained healthcare staff can help you choose over counter medicines and offer a range of clinical services too”.
The campaign has an easy to navigate website [togetherwe-can.com]. Here you will find help and advice and tips for keeping well this winter, as well as other useful information on how to stay healthy.
Dr Adam Sheppard, a Wakefield GP and Chair of West Yorkshire Urgent and Emergency Care Programme Board said: “Health and care services are here to help. During winter and times of significant pressure on local services, we still encourage the public to come forward and not to delay if they need help or are concerned about their health, but we want to ensure they’re using the right services and they know when to go to a pharmacy, use NHS 111 or their GP practice. You can save time by ordering prescriptions and seeking medical advice online by downloading the NHS App. Find out all you need to know this winter by visiting togetherwe-can.com”
Together we can choose well this winter. Together we can make a real difference so please:
- Access online services. You can book appointments or order repeat prescriptions through the NHS App. Visit 111.nhs.uk or call 111 if you need urgent medical help 24/7 and can’t access the internet.
- Remember GP practices are here to help and will ensure you get the right care appropriate for your needs.
- Have your flu and COVID-19 vaccines. If you’re over 50, pregnant or have a long-term medical condition, get your free jabs.
- Take good care this winter there’s lots you can do to stay well and protect yourselves and others around you this winter.
- Visit your local community pharmacy for medical advice and treatments for things like colds, tummy troubles, rashes, and pains.
- A range of urgent care services are available to ensure people can access the right care for their needs. This ensures Accident and Emergency Departments (A&E) are freed up to treat those that need it most including emergencies, those with serious injuries and life-threatening situations like heart attacks.
- Don’t wait until you are in mental health crisis. There’s a wide range of support and resources available for everyone, including a 24/7 free phone line. Visit togetherwe-can.com/mental-health
- We can all spread the kindness this winter by looking out for each other and our neighbours. Visit: ourneighbours.org.uk